glimpse into a rajasthani village
A drive to the countryside which gives you a glimpse into the lives of the locals – their occupation, lifestyle. Enjoy some chit-chat over tea and get to watch the interesting opium ceremony in its natural form.
Drive. A day spent in a Jodhpur Village which is approximately a 45min drive from Jodhpur.
A day that allows you to experience an opium ceremony to witnessing deer and black buck.
Traditions. A visit to the potter’s home gives you a first hand glimpse into his work life; observe him create at his wheel, and also get to see the freshly made pots after they have been burnt.
Local crafts. Get a preview of the weavers making beautiful rugs out of sheep or camel hair dyed and weaved into beautiful patterns.
Countryside. Enjoy walking through the village and soak in the typical Rajasthani village and family lifestyle.
- Wear appropriate shoes as there will be walking & climbing of stairs
- We would advise you to wear comfortable but conservative clothing
- Carry a hat, sunglasses & sun protection lotion especially in the summer months
- Shoes to be removed at the Holy places
- Head cover (like a stole) required while visiting some temples
- Duration upto 4.5 hours
- Experience includes: an air-conditioned car that picks and drops you from your hotel; bottled water and munchies available in the car; local expert from the city; lunch
A very nice tour at the outskirts of Jodhpur
We had a very nice tour with “The Delhi way” and Praveen in Jodhpur. There was an interactive and experienced tour where we visited three villages outside Jodhpur. We saw and tried local handcrafts in two of the villages, and met an Indian farmer family in another village where we got a feeling of how they are living.
Thank you very much The delhi Way for the experience!
Johan, Stockholm, Sweden
Writing this as great experiences need telling.Two of my friends from UK wanted to visit Jodhpur so I contacted The Delhi Way to make them not only see the city through the locals eye but ensure a at- home& safe travel for them. I had heard grand reviews from my network of friends about the Delhi Way and I decided to put my friends in the safe, warm and able hands of the 2 young ladies running the show fabulously at the Delhi Way.